Now that we’ve been back a week, I’m slowly falling back into routines…well – establishing new routines is more like it. Another child plus maternity leave change things up a bit. On one hand, you think you have all this extra time, but on the other, it seems to go by even more quickly… sometimes dinner time is here before I seem to blink twice.
Also on my “get back up and running list” is all things blog related. I alluded to our epic computer meltdown before the holidays and while Santa was great to come early and rescue us with a new computer, there are so many templates/files/fonts and so forth that either were lost or no longer work on the new computer so it seems like every time I want to do a post, I have to almost start them from scratch. But maybe that will be a good chance to improve upon them!
In any case, a few things from out and about on the web this week….
1. #Winter: I think we can all agree we’re over it. Something about flipping the calendar to March though makes me really believe Spring is coming (also, I made our calendar with pictures from Spain this year so each page is like a new burst of sunshine). I’m really to kiss these sleety, rainy Danish winter days good-bye.
2. Bikes vs. Cars: This was a great article in Outside magazine about how if we really want to move towards more of a bike/car shared space in the US, what types of acknowledgment we would need to see from both riders and cars. Most of the article is based off an interview with a lawyer named Megan Hottman, herself a cyclist – she specializes in representing cyclists in injuries etc but she’s got some interesting views about how we can all co-exist on the road, without pointing fingers or putting the blame on one side. Plus the article gives a nice shout out to Denmark and why cycling works so well here…
3. Mad About Copenhagen: A brand new site and Facebook page dedicated to the good treats around town in Copenhagen. Since I’m embracing the return here, I’ve enjoyed their round-ups but their lists of “musts and unmissables” treats is what I have bookmarked. I definitely will be dedicating a portion of maternity leave to make sure I tick off each one of these… which is why I’ll need:
4. Cover-up: … if I’m going to be working on that list, something light and airy and breezy is what I should be investigating for the beach. Not that I have plans for any beaches yet but I’d like to dream some up. Between being postpartum and enjoying things like duck confit sandwiches, I’m thinking accents like hot pink pom poms might help might distract my fellow beach companions.
5. Amapondo: And speaking of the beach…this photography series from Christopher Rimmer that was featured on Miss Moss caught my eye. Apparently, cattle love to wander our to the sea at Pondo Beach on the Wild Coast, and given that I am a/ dreaming of the beach and b/ mildly obsessed with the lovely life of certain cows (on the Danish Coast? On the California Coast? In the Alps?), I think a print from this series would be right up my alley.