1. The Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf: See previous post about the fact that the Wharf is touristy. It is. But for some reason, this property always seems to have availability when I need it and it is colorful and friendly and they always make my stay pleasant. Generally I’ve had a great experience in all Starwood family hotels in SF, and this one has come up a few times.
2. Running on the wharf: Maybe about the best thing about the hotel above is the proximity to the water. And when you go out early in the morning it feels like you – and fellow runners, walkers and swimmers have the ocean all to yourselves. It actually makes me want to run.
3. In’n’Out Burger: One of the best things about California trips. Simple but just good. Not gourmet, just really good. Love these guys. And love that there’s one right around the corner from the hotel. Only went once and made sure to “earn” it with two runs before but worth every bite.
4. Jungle Red Hair Salon for a haircut. And I needed one – badly. The recommendation came originally from the Goop Newsletter and when a meeting cancelled, they squeezed me in. Couln’t have been friendlier, and Lucas, did bang up job on both the cut and the color. Feels nice to look nice.
5. Bix Supper Club: The pick of a good friend for dinner and not only did I have good company but also a great steak tartare and classic cocktail. Also, I had never been to the Gold Street area – since I got to the restaurant early, I got to walk around the neighborhood and my only regret was that I didn’t have more time to come back in the daytime when all the antiques shops and importers were open – such a lovely neighborhood.