So we’re just about there! ALT Summit sessions start this week but already thinking about the kick-off dinner with Karen Modechai’s Sunday Suppers on Wednesday…mmmm. Already hungry!
Thsi week will be a bit crazy, so I’m already getting my essentials packed for so that I don’t forget anything – here’s what’s in my bag:
1. Tote Bag: Something big and roomy since it will need to fit all of the below items, the goodies that are bound to pop up, not to mention all the inspiration we’re all bound to collect from the event.
2. Business Card Case: Full of business cards of course…
3. Extra envelopes: Earlier this year in Salt Lake City, I collected so many beautiful business cards, but when I got home, I had trouble figuring out whom I met where, with the exception of those I met at the resource party since I put them in a separate envelope. That worked well so this time I’m bringing extra so that I can keep some order to the cards that are sure to go around. One for dinner, one for the conference, one for cocktails, etc.
4. My iphone: This probably should have been the first item right?
5. Almond butter packs: If Salt Lake City was any indication, I definitely don’t expect there to be any shortage of food but sometimes you need a burst of energy in the city at random moments. A tip from my nutritionist, I adore these little packs of nut butters made with sea salt. They’re small and will pick you up right quick. Kind of like those weird gel packs the marathoners siphon down but yummier.
6. Flats: I’m going to at least make an attempt at braving the heels but I always carry flats as a back up, and I’ll definitely need them as I’m running to catch the last train back to DC from Penn Station. I discovered these Mila flats in the spring, and they’ve been my go-to every since.
7. Brush-up essentials: I’d like to think that I’ll carry a full make up case and transition to a whole evening look for the cocktail but the truth is, that’s not me. But powder (I hate shine) and chapstick (I hate dry lips), that’s all me.
8. Make up pouch: for the above essentials. A little floss and mascara wouldn’t hurt either.
9. Pen and Paper: To write down all my new brilliant ideas at the conference and on the train. My heart belongs to Moleskine notebooks always, but maybe this is a good trip to try out their New York edition. Having a paper map of the city never hurt anyone, no matter what google maps will try to tell you!
Anymore and it might just get to be much to much – but did I forget anything?
And if you’re still wondering what to pack, don’t miss the list of 15 Things I Should Have Packed from the Salt Lake City meeting earlier this year.