Me and Mommy Down By The Poolside... by The New Diplomat's Wife featuring cap hats
Diplo-baby is an ardent lover of water - pools, sinks, bath tubs, and now water glasses too. The pool at Berchtesgaden is perfect since it's kept at a nice and warm temperature, has an indoor solarium when the rays are tough (or the rain is out in full force) and a beautiful outdoor lawn when catching rays are in order.
My space in the pool bag seems to be getting smaller and smaller while diplo-baby seems to be getting bigger and bigger. My things are pretty much relegated to a dependable one piece (ruching forgives that middle I'm still working on), a brimmed hat, sunglasses and some reading material for nap time. Sunscreen of course is a given for me, but DB's not quite at 6 months, so we've had to come up with ways to get around that and still be able to be outside.
For diplo-baby, these have fast become our dependables:
- Swim diapers from kushies or iplay - we usually wait to put diplo-baby in the water until our daily surprises have passed but both of these companies are certified for public pools. The iplay inspire a bit more confidence in their "catching" abilities, but the kushies are super easy to throw on and dry quickly
- Sunhats from iplay - spf 50 built in - DB has a bucket hat for the stroller and these ridiculous wide-brimmed ones for the pool which not only cover her head but also her shoulders
- Muslins from Aden and Anais - we have both the "originals" and the ones from Target, both are great - light cloth that's great to cover up with, shield from sun, cover chairs, lawn, use as blanket, stand in towel, changing pad, whatever you need!
- Outdoor blanket from Skip-Hop - now that DB is starting to be on the move, sitting in the car seat isn't so attractive - this blanket gives her a large surface area to play on, lots of colors to entertain, and wipes clean and folds up easily
- Ridiculous sunglasses - these aren't really for the sun, more for my picture taking entertainment
- Hooded kimono from Giggle - DB is still a bit small for robes but this has been great to put her in after taking her out of the water, or to dress her in when we're on our way down to the pool, snuggly and just the right size
- Bottle cooler from Skip-Hop - we keep our milk cool now in these temperatures and we also keep a water bottle cool as well as DB can always use a drink after one of her splash-a-thons
- Rubber duckie - this one is from giggle, we don't need too many toys - between the water and her feet, DB is well entertained but this is a favorite and she likes to try to "catch" it in the water
How about you? Favorites for the pool - baby or not?