I haven’t yet tackled the daunting task of finishing up my summer playlist for 2010 (at this rate, i should have it wrapped up in time for Halloween), so in the meantime, I thought I’d share last year’s.
Last year, to commemorate the last days of summer, we rented a big house just off the coast of Hammamet, Tunisia. Hammamet itself is a bit of a tourist trap, specializing in the tourism of the European package “I like my meals at fixed times and I don’t wear enough sunscreeen” variety, but the house itself was just up the hill from all of that, with it’s own pool, an expansive view of the Mediterrranean, and an awesome cook that made all of our meals, meaning we didn’t lift barely a finger, unless someone in the group really insisted on milk with their cereal. This was the playlist on often in the background, so it’s just a few songs we put together meant for lazy summer nights around the pool with the smell of hookah pipes lingering in the air. Sigh – part of me regrets that we didn’t get organized to go back this year, but it will just have to be on tap for 2011.
Here’s to the last days of summer!
2009 Tunisia Chills Playlist
1. Island in the sun…Weezer
2. Summertime…Will Smith
3. Please forgive me….David Gray
4. Wouldn’t it be nice…Beach Boys
5. Losing touch…The Killers
6. Set adrift on memory bliss…PM Dawn
7. Scar tissue…Red Hot Chili Peppers
9. Into the mystic…Van Morrison
10. Come clean…Hillary Duff
11. Love, etc….Pet Shop Boys
12. Summer love…Justin Timberlake
13. Could you be loved…Bob Marley
14. Aicha (Mixed Version)….Khaled
15. Desert rose…Sting
16. Back on your side…Chris Isaak
17. C’est pas d’l’amour….Frederick, Goldman, Jones
18. Call and answer…Bare Naked Ladies
19. In my place…Coldplay
20. Let me down easy…Chris Isaak
21. Jamaica farewell…Harry Belafonte
22. Pas toi….Frederick, Goldman, Jones
All photography by The New Diplomat’s Wife.